International students must provide the following documents to the International Student Office (ISO) in order to obtain a Certificate of Clearance for the purpose of academic registration.
• Certified copy of a passport
• Certified copy of study permit/work visa
• Proof of a South African medical health cover. It is compulsory for you to obtain one of the UKZN recommended
medical health covers.
• ISO Student Information Form
• Refugee/Asylum Seeker Status document for Refugees and Asylum Seeker
• Funded students must submit their sponsorship letter to Student Funding office to obtain financial clearance
• Self-funded students must collect a pro-forma invoice, pay all fees and obtain financial clearance.
The webpages of the UKZN International Relations Division has a large amount of useful information for international students.
Our School Postgraduate Office are able to assist you with this, but please note that the final responsibility for ensuring that all arrangements are completed satisfactorily lies with the student.
The Student Finance office (link to follow) at Medical School can also help you in obtaining financial clearance.