SIGNING UP FOR A PhD
- Decide on an area of study and link up with one or more supervisors.
If you need help finding a supervisor, contact the Postgrad
Office. The Academic Leader of Research will assist you in finding a supervisor.
- Complete a concept sheet with the assistance of your
Click here for information about the concept sheet and to download it.
- Obtain the CV of each of your supervisors.
- A Masters degree is necessary in order to register for a PhD. Under certain circumstances Senate may grant an exemption to this by recognizing alternative qualifications. If you do not possess a Masters degree, you need to submit (a) a letter requesting exemption and (b) your abbreviated CV along with your application.
Click here for details and for an example of the letter.
- Submit the concept sheet, supervisor CVs and if necessary, exemption request to Postgrad Office.
The concept sheet must carry the signature of at least one of your supervisors.
- Complete a registration form in the Postgrad Office.
- Following submission, your concept sheet and application will be reviewed. If your candidacy is approved, the staff will register you and let you know.